PATIENT is the word that defines us as we follow medical instructions or have to stay calm while we wait. In Colombia, a country where the harsh health system requires its users to face absurd bureaucratic obstacles to access its services. Nubia is a PATIENT, a mother head of family who despite living with the anguish of losing her daughter by an aggressive cancer, firmly gets to overcome the labyrinths established by the Health System processes upon which depend the life of her daughter.
- Best Director Cartagena Film Festival FICCI
- Special mention by the jury. Guadalajara Film Festival
- Best documentary competition director. Malaga Film Festival.
- Signis CinéLatino award rencontrés Toulouse
- Best film in Latitudes section. Docs Barcelona
- Best Documentary San Diego Latino Film Fest
- Special mention Havana Film Festival New York
- National Cinemateca Award for the distribution of feature films
- Night Award. Signs of Nuit Ecuador.
- Best documentary. FENAVID Bolivia.
- SIGNIS Award. FENAVID Bolivia.
- Edward Snowden Award. Signs of Nuit. Berlin.
- Best film. Human Rights Film Fest. Valencia.
- Mention of the Bogota Human Rights Festival.
- Numerous official selections in festivals around the world, such as IDFA, Cartagena, Guadalajara, Thessaloniki, BFI among many others.
Nubia Martínez / Leidy Johana Ortegón
Research and Script
Carol Ann Figueroa
Rosa M. Ramos
Alejandro Gallón / Alejandro Castillo
3 January, 2019